St. Andrew’s Kindergarten commenced operation in 1943. Initially it operated as a series of privately owned Day Kindergartens. In October 1943 St. Andrew’s Church was approached to sponsor a Day Kindergarten, to operate on the property and to replace the privately run organisation.
The Kindergarten operated in a small room on Church property until 1954 when the present building was purpose built by the
In February 1995, the Kindergarten became incorporated and was re-named Gardiner Preschool. It became solely run by a Parent Committee of Management, at this time and to this day, continues to function each year because of the participation and support of parents
The Gardiner team are currently reviewing our Preschool Philosophy so that it sits well with our own beliefs and values.
- We want to ensure that our new philosophy encapsulates our ideas that;
- All children are skilled, inquisitive and imaginative
- The children within Gardiner reach their full potential,
- The teaching staff will provide a loving, warm and stimulating environment which challenges and intrigues each child at their point of need
- We aim to equip children with knowledge about their world and encourage them to question and confront inequity and injustice
- The arts are pivotal to learning
- Staff prioritize learning about and exploring our world, our community and our environment